Welcome to themixedmuse

The world is my canvas

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unbroken

It's the softest place
inside of my head
flipped around
to the opposite
side of the bed
he always did things
that got me confused
but nothing was used
our conscience was soothed
by the thighs and the highs
and the brains and the names
and the hands and the lack of our plans
unengaged,
untied, unbroken
and hopelessly lost
the toll was too high
but we both paid the cost

And he said baby
you feel so crazy
you feel so good
i would if i could
why can't I feel you when you feel so good?

Like a veteran lost
his nerves were so shot
feeling cold when he touched me
 my skin was so hot and so soft
and he loved to kiss it
but would rather dismiss it
like something was off
it was wrong
it was broke
til we'd put on a song
and then hope
would come flooding back into
the fingertips into my hair
you needed me lingering there

and he said baby
you feel so crazy
you feel so good
i would if i could
why can't i feel you when you feel so good?

its something to rely on
a high we can fly on
its borderline crazy
his touches they save me
I tried to break him
but his mind just won't let him be insane
it's too damn risky
so he'd rather feel the pain
when i'm calling out his name

he said baby i love it when you do it like that
what i'm giving to you you give right back
he can hear it in my voice
a trembled echo of his heart
feels so good when we're together
but he'd rather be apart

No comments:

Post a Comment