Welcome to themixedmuse

The world is my canvas

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Upon The Wind

On my branch I clung real tight
in hopes that i might stay
My twig it started seperatin'
I feared I'd drift away
Oh where would the wild wind blow me?
How far off would I stray?
I didn't wanna leave
But it had to be this way


The wind it took me up so high
I thought I'd never fall
And times I fell so low 
I thought I'd finally seen it all

My tree it gave me safety
From the pourin rain and thunder
But now I've grown too big for it
And was therefore torn asunder

A little leaf upon the wind
Like a grain upon the sand
may seem so awfully small
when you take the world at hand
and though I fly upon the wind
sometimes unable to see
I must never forget that one leaf
has what it takes to become a tree

No comments:

Post a Comment